The town of Tsarevo is located in the most southern part of the Black Sea coast, 60 km south of Bourgas, near the border with Turkey. It is a municipal center and encompasses 13 towns and villages. The economic development of the area is related to production of small boats, wood processing, food processing and agriculture. It is a small town with three beaches and a number of small family hotels and villas.
The unique combination of sea, mountain and rivers with exotic vegetation and variety of animal species, together with the tradition of the Stranja region provide many opportunities for tourism. This is the place where azure of the mild sea and infinite green oasis of Stranja mountain meet each other.
Tsarevo Municipality is rich in cultural monuments, some of them of national importance:
- The churches The Assumption of Our Lady in the town of Tsarevo
- The Trinity Church is on the Southern peninsula of town, built in 1831.
- There was an older church at this location from which only a few icons survived, painted by the well known Johan of Ahtopol.
- The ancient Wall of Akhtopolis and the Greek School in the town of Ahtopol
- St. St. Cyril and Methodius in the village of Kosti
- St. Panteleymon in the village of Brodilovo
- Remnants of the megalith Tracian necropolis
- Ruins of early Byzantine fortresses.
Only here at the foot of the Stranja Mountain, in the village of Bulgari, the roots of unique pagan customs, which in time merged with Slavic Orthodox traditions – the Nestinar dances on hot coals are preserved, dedicated to St. St. Constantine and Helena.